to specify as a required procedure or ritual
Translations to be checked
- ttbc Chinese: 建議; 醫生處方籤 italbrac Taiwan
- ttbc French : prescrire
- ttbc German: verordnen (1,2), verschreiben (1), vorschreiben (2)
- ttbc Portuguese: prescrever, receitar
- ttbc Spanish: recetar
Prescription has various meanings.
- Linguistic prescription, the laying down of normative language rules
- Prescription (law), a doctrine in international law about sovereignty over a territory
- Period of Prescription, a civil law system analogue to the common law institute of a statute of limitations, applied to periods during which rights and obligations are legally enforceable
- See also Proscription''
prescribe in Spanish: prescripción
prescribe in French: Prescription
prescribe in Hebrew: מרשם
administer, advise, advocate, apply, appoint, assign, authorize, be responsible for, bestow, brief, call the signals, captain, carry on, choose, coach, command, conduct, confer, constitute, constrain, consult with, control, counsel, cure, decide, declare lawful, decree, define, demand, determine, dictate, direct, dose, dose with, enact, enforce upon, engineer, enjoin, establish, exact, fix, force, force upon, formulate, give, govern, guide, handle, head, head up, impose, instruct, kibitz, lay down, lay on, lead, lead on, legalize, legislate, legitimate, legitimatize, legitimize, make a regulation, make legal, make obligatory, make the rules, manage, maneuver, manipulate, mastermind, meddle, mete out to, officer, ordain, order, pick out, prescribe for, propose, pull the strings, put in force, put on, put upon, quarterback, recommend, regulate, remedy, require, rule, run, sanction, select, set, set down, settle, skipper, specify, stipulate, submit, suggest, take command, take the lead, treat, validate